July 02, 2014

Shake Things Up

Are you ever in need of shaking things up a little bit? The other day I found myself wanting a tiny bit of a change. I realized I had not done victory rolls in my hair, or worn cat eye liner, for the longest time. I really want to start pinpointed my own person style, and elaborate on all the looks I find so very "me." 
I also want to start making it a habit to sew more dresses from the amazing vintage patterns I have, and to make more editorial type blog posts. I didn't make my dress that I'm wearing here, but it is one of my favorite retro inspired dresses I own, and this was the first time I had worn it in years. I threw it on, did my makeup and hair, and then I went in the kitchen and made a huge strawberry milkshake! I wanted to do a post of the day I went to the strawberry farm to pick the ones I used for the shake, but the pictures I took weren't that great, and I like this idea a lot more anyways. 
I didn't use a recipe for the shake. I just mixed a few scoops of  vanilla coconut ice cream, a couple of handfuls of strawberries, a little hemp milk, and a pinch of sugar in a blender. I added whipped cream, which melted surprisingly fast even on a cold day, and topped it with a cherry and paper straw! 
So, I guess I shook things up in more than one sense! I'm so happy I did, and hope this is just the start of new and better things to come for myself, and my little blog. 

xxoo Jené



Outfit Details:
-All vintage 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...