July 27, 2014

Parrot Pride

I had been dying to wear this dress ever since I got it a few weeks ago. I am such a sucker for novelty prints on clothing, and this summer I'm all about tropical prints. I decided to finally wear it two days ago, because the weather was amazing, and it just felt right. Plus, I wasn't sure when my next chance would be, seeing as those northwest clouds just love to roll through unexpectedly. 
I have to admit, I have had no clue exactly how to wear this dress, especially since it is a size too large for me. I decided to go with the elastic neckline pulled down around my shoulders for a sexier, more summertime look. I had big plans to wear my dark brown floppy hat too, but I didn't have a belt and shoes that really matched. I like how the ensemble turned out anyways, especially the red shoes that were a last minute decision. 
Since the dress is too big for me, I have been thinking of turning it into a cropped top and a pair of high waist shorts. Or maybe I could turn it into a skirt and a blouse that I can wear individually. I'm not sure I'll have time to adjust it this summer, but there's always next year, right?

xxoo

Jené


Outfit Details:
-Dress: Vintage Hilo Hattie 
-Earrings: Vintage
-Shoes: For sale in my Etsy shop 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...