June 28, 2014

Posing With Plants

Happy Saturday all! I just wanted to pop in and do a quick post with some photos I took last weekend at the Quinault Rain Forest. Seeing large growth trees in a deciduous rain forest was on my dad's bucket list, so Fermin and I decided to take him for a day trip to the woods!  
It was really interesting, especially when we learned that the rain forest in the Quinault area had some of the largest trees in the world! Nature is so fascinating to me, and I don't ever think I will stop being amazed by it. It's so beautiful, and peaceful, and I think you can learn so much from your natural surroundings. It was funny though, that it did not rain one drop in the actual rain forest the entire time we were there. But I don't mind, because warm dry summers are what I live for! 
We also paid a visit to the Olympic coast, and stopped at South Beach Campground. It was an amazing place that had a ton of rocks and driftwood pushed up against this really large hill, and then the flattest beach with powder soft sand. Being surrounded by the nature in these places really makes me realize that there is so much more to life, and that there are so many things more important than me stressing about posting products on Etsy, and working long shifts at the boutique. 
The above image kind of really represents the feelings I was talking previously. Yes, we are all intelligent human beings, but when it comes down to it, we are all just animals. Every animal is fighting to make it in this world, and even the Earth itself is struggling to survive. Recognizing this makes me want to be the best being I can, not just for myself, but for all of humanity, animal kind, and mother nature. Sometimes all it takes is a trip to the forest to realize all those things I thought were insanely important, all the little stuff I stress over daily, are just so microscopic in the scheme of life. 
Hope you enjoyed all the photos I posted of us posing with plants! And hopefully this post will inspire you to go for a hike, or a walk in the woods, because it honestly is a great way to unwind! 

xxoo Jené







1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...