May 02, 2014

Shine Brite

The past week I've felt summer slowly creeping in. The days are much longer, the sun is shining brighter, and the smell of flowers and freshly cut grass have been lingering in the air. And for all of those things, I am so grateful! Summer has always been my favorite time of year. Even as an adult that has to work, and doesn't really get a long break, everything seems to slow down. I actually take time to step away from my work to eat lunch outside, friends and family are more than happy to come visit, and my life overall just doesn't seem so hectic and rushed. 
I wore this outfit on Wednesday, which is one of my work from home days. To be perfectly honest, half of the time I work from home I'm in my pajamas, and the other half I am actually decently dressed. There's just something about the sunny days that motivate me, and make me want to get all dolled up though. This Rainbow Brite shirt is vintage from the 80's! I've been trying to not wear t-shirts lately, but how could I not wear this awesome one? I loved watching Rainbow Brite when I was little, and she's still such an iconic cartoon character today. 
I paired the shirt with one of my favorite vintage skirts, and my "grandpa socks" as I like to call them. The top is very short because it's child's size, so I have to wear it with high waisted items. But that's perfectly fine with me, because that's pretty much all the bottoms in my closet! Now if only I had more that matched it... 

Do you have any vintage t-shirts that you are holding on to? What do you like to wear them with? Comment below and let me know!

xxoo Jené


Outfit Details:
-Shirt: Vintage
-Skirt: Vintage
-Socks: Urban Outfitters
-Shoes: Restricted

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...