February 17, 2014

How To Color Sugar

 Remember that Shirley Temple recipe that I posted a few days ago? Well, I mentioned in the post that I rimmed my glass with sugar. And that was not just any plain old sugar. It was sugar that I colored pink myself! You can make your own colored sugar too! It's incredibly easy, so let's get started.
Ingredients:
Cane sugar
Food coloring 

Place sugar in a jar that has a lid. Add a few drops of food coloring into the jar, close the lid, and shake vigorously. Adjust the color by adding more or less of the coloring or sugar. 

To achieve the pink color above I used a little over 1/4 cup of sugar and 3 drops of red food dye. The color came out exactly as I expected, and has got me so excited to rim more drink glasses, and decorate cakes! 

xxoo Jené

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...