October 17, 2013

Pumpkin Carving Alternatives - Googly Eyes and Flying Bats

I realized a few days ago that it is already the middle of October, and I had yet to buy any pumpkins. I quickly ran out and gathered a few from the store by my house. When I got home, I was trying to think of ways to decorate them that would be easy on my right wrist/hand (seeing as it is still not 100% recovered from whatever I did to it...) I decided that googly eyes and 3D bats would be the perfect solution! 


Flying Bat Pumpkin
Supplies: black foam, black tipped straight pins, paper, pencil, pumpkin, scissors 1. Draw a bat shape on your paper and cut it out. 2. Trace your bat onto foam. 3. Cut out your foam bats. 4. Push your straight pin into the foam bat, and then into the pumpkin, making sure not to push it all the way down.

I really love this pumpkin because it looks like bats flying around a big orange moon! It also looks really cool at night with the extra spooky shadows the bats create with the surrounding light. 


Googly Eye Monster Pumpkin
Supplies: sticky back googly eyes, pumpkin 1. Peel off the backing to your googly eyes and stick them to your pumpkin. 2. Push down each eye firmly. 
These are great alternatives to carving a pumpkin if you are just not in the mood to deal with all the slime and seeds, or if you have an arm injury like myself. Plus, you can always take the decorations off after Halloween is over, and continue to use the pumpkins as decoration into November! 

xxoo Jené

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...