October 22, 2013

Easy Last Minute Costume - Greek Goddess

 Halloween is fast approaching, which means you are either finishing up your costume, or frantically running around trying to pull one together. If you are more of a last minute kind of gal, I have an idea for a super easy costume that you can pull off with things you probably already have lying around the house. Here's how:
Supplies: White bed sheet or fabric, gold shoes, gold jewelry, belt, fake leaves, safety pins.
For the dress: I took a plain white bed sheet (you can just use fabric too) and cut a few inches off the bottom using scissors. I then used this image to figure out how to make my Greek chiton. Basically fold the top down the desired length, then fold in half so it will fit around your body. Pin at the shoulders, marked a and b in the diagram (it helps to have someone assist you with this.) Pin down the open side of your chiton leaving a slit at the bottom. Pull the dress together with a belt so it doesn't look so much like a sack. Accessories with gold jewelry and shoes. 

For the hair: Ancient Greeks wore their hair in twists, curls, and chignons. I took sections of my hair and twisted them back securing with bobby pins. I then pulled it into a bun, and adorned it with fake leaves. 
This costume can be easily customized to your liking. Cut the sheet shorter for a sexier look, use pretty broaches instead of safety pins, or wear a crown of gold leaves. The options are endless if you use your imagination and experiment a little!

xxoo Jené

1 comment:

  1. I really love your blog there's a lot to share. Keep it up.Visit my site too.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...