June 06, 2013

Colorful Kitchen Window Restyle

I have been slowly (and I mean very slowly) putting together our new house since we moved in about four months ago. Our home has been kind of empty because we used to live in a tiny apartment, and now we have more space than we know what to do with. I've been trying to decorate the most lived in rooms first, which include my office and of course the kitchen! I just finished redecorating my kitchen window into something a little more bright and cheerful, and it makes me so happy I wanted to share it with you!
Our kitchen was originally painted the most awful brown color, and had thick blood red curtains on the windows. I knew the first thing that had to be done was to let in some light and brighten everything up. I tried to cover up the darkness of the metal in the greenhouse window as much as I could in a semi-permanent kind of way, seeing as we are renting. I also added a doily to the lampshade that can easily be removed, and decorated all of my plant pots. 
I definitely want to get more plants and knick-knacks to fill up this space, but am also really happy about the progress I've made so far. Nesting is just so fun, don't you think?


2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I moved into a house last November after years of apartment living, and I'm still trying to make it feel like home. I love how whimsical this is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sweet Athena! It's makes me so happy to have bright colors, fake birds, and pom poms all over my home!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...