April 10, 2013

Accentuate The Positives

Being sick the past few months has really taught me something. It has taught me that there is always a positive to a negative. Even in the worse situations there is always something that can lift your spirits. I've been working really hard on trying to acknowledged the finer things in life. It is so hard (for me at least) to not dwell and worry about all of the gloomy bits of a bad situation.

Today started out as just another gloomy, rainy day in which I had not been feeling particularly well. I spent the morning cooked up in my office working on the taxes I have held off doing until last minute. When I decided to take a break from work, it was as if the universe knew I was in need of a pick me up. The clouds cleared away and the sun started shining bright as ever. I saw the tree outside my kitchen window, pink dew-filled leaves just twinkling in the sun, and knew I had to step outside to admire how lovely the day turned out. I never would have thought something as small as the weather changing, for even the briefest of moments, was worth cherishing as much as I do now. 

I'd love to hear your thoughts on finding the positives when going through a rough patch. Comment below to share, or if you'd just like to talk about anything that picks you up when you're feeling down! 

3 comments:

  1. I've been going through a difficult time too the last couple of years actually, this winter was the hardest, we had a long, dark, cold winter here in Belgium. I hope spring will bring lots of sunshine for you and me and everyone who needs a pick me up.
    I love the photographs, the contrast between the light blue and pink is so pretty! Did you take those photographs yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I find writing lists of all the things I'm greatful for really helps when I'm feeling down. Baking is an instant mood booster for me as well!
    Isabella xo
    http://sincerelyisabella.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isabella, what good advice! I just started journaling this past weekend.

    Madame Soleil, so sorry to hear you are going through a rough time also =( It's the pits isn't it? Hope you are feeling much better soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...