January 01, 2013

First 365 Project

I had never heard of a 365 project until reading Elsie Larson's post about it the other day on A Beautiful Mess. I immediately thought this was such a wonderful idea for an ongoing project. Most of you know that I only recently purchased my first DSLR camera, and I am still trying to figure out all things photography related. I am still not quick enough to adjust settings, frame a shot, or prevent blurry photos all together - just a few things I need to work on.

I decided to try out my own 365 project relating to everything crafts and fashion (is there anything else that really matters?) because I often daydream of becoming a wonderful photographer one day. Hopefully taking at least one picture every day in 2013 will jump start my dream of not being so clumsy and amateurish at photography. I also think this is a great way for me to get more creative with my style and skills, and will encourage me to break out of my shell a little bit.

I'll be sharing my photos between here and Instagram. As a first time 365-er I am excited to see how much I can improve over the year, and just hope I stick to it every day.  Have you ever tried out a 365 project of any kind? I would very much like to hear about it and your experience if you have. I'm going into this blindly so I'd love for you to comment below if you have any advice or stories you would like to share!

P.S. I am sure you can tell ,but the photos above are from today (day one.)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds fab! I would love to do something like that but 365 of anything but coffee intimidates me right now.


    Marie @
    Lemondrop ViNtAge

    I am having a fabulous giveaway right here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a pretty blue lace dress! I love it so much. The embroidery is stunning too. I used to embroider when I was a little girl. I'm not sure why I have it up, but this makes me want to pick it up again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I like that you are doing a crafty/fashion 365! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...