November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Travel Outfits

Hi friends and lovers! I'm currently running around frantically trying to get things sorted before I leave on  my four day long Thanksgiving trip. I am flying out to Philadelphia tomorrow to spend the holiday with family at my sister's house. I hate checking luggage on small trips, especially on holiday weekends, and am trying to bring the bare essentials in a carry on bag (not so easy to do!) I started laying out some possible outfits for the next few of days, and wanted to share a couple I know I'll be bringing with me. Are any of you going on a holiday trip this weekend? If so, do you like to lay outfits out before packing?


I really like this outfit that I randomly came up with for Thanksgiving dinner. I thrifted this sweater a while back, and have been waiting for the holidays to wear it. This outfit was really based around the cardigan, but I think it came together nicely. I'm totally digging the mix of patterns and textures.

Outfit Details: Cardigan- vintage; Blouse - Forever 21; Skirt- Wear The Canvas; Belt- Thrifted; Necklace -  c/o clothing swap. 


I don't know about you, but I love to feel comfortable when I'm just hanging around the house with family. Thanksgiving time is all about eating, and even though you should never be a gluten, I find it hard to not chow down 24/7 during this upcoming long weekend. This dress is perfect for down time at home. The belt is adjustable, and the print fits the season so sweetly.

Outfit Details: Dress - c/o clothing swap; Tights - Target; Necklaces - handmade. 


This outfit has kind of been my go-to, relaxed and cozy ensemble for the past month. Whenever I just want to feel snug, but still girly, I throw this on. I have to wake up in the early a.m. hours to catch my morning flight, and this will be perfectly easy to put on.

Outfit details: Sweater - Thrifted; Skirt - Forever 21; Necklace - via a craft fair 


Now, all I have to do is actually pack this stuff , along with a few extra outfits, into a bag, and I'll be good to go!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray. I completely lay out outfits - glad to see I'm not alone!

    I just came across your blog on Pinterest, and am so glad I found it. You sure have got some great tutorials here.

    Can't wait to see what else you have cooking

    x Elena @ Randomly Happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds must think alike, Elena!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...