October 22, 2012

Roasted Cinnamon & Sugar Pumpkin Seeds


It's almost Halloween, which means pumpkin carving is in full effect. So is tasting endless pumpkin flavored treats (my favorite)! I thought it would be a good idea to share this easy cinnamon sugar pumpkin seeds recipe I found over at FoodGawker. It is a healthy(-ish) treat that you can whip up while carving your pumpkin, and can then devour after all your hard work is done. 

For this recipe I de-seeded one medium sized pumpkin. This gave me about one cup of seeds. The recipe I used called for two cups, so I ended up cutting the rest of the recipe in half. I also personally like to adjust portions for taste after following the recipe.  

Ingredients:
-2 cups cleaned pumpkin seeds
-2 tbs melted butter
-2 tbs brown sugar
-1 tsp cinnamon powder
-1/4 tsp salt


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place your pumpkin seeds in a colander and rinse them off with water. Place the seeds in a bowl with the sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Melt you butter and pour over the seeds. Stir until fully mixed. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes, or until fully roasted. Top off with additional sugar and cinnamon.

5 comments:

  1. ahh! I was just thinking about how yummy this would be and I was going to look up a recipe for it! thaaaank youuuuU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your blog - fantastic DIYs! You've got yourself a new follower!

    www.ameliaisnotcross.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, you have a new look to your blog. Lookin' good!!

    These pumpkin seeds look yummy. I always just soak mine in salt water before I bake them, but now I'm thinking I need to spice mine up a bit more too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica, I'll have to try them soaked in salt water! I'm kind of new at roasting pumpkin seeds. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...