September 19, 2012

Vegan BLT Sandwich

If you follow my Instagram you will probably recognize this picture of a sandwich I took a few days ago. I made this BLT after craving the tempeh "bacon" that I had just bought. I honestly can't even remember the last time I ate a BLT. Most fake bacon is pretty gnarly, but this particular kind is so yummy, I could eat it raw (well, maybe.)  I had all the usual BLT sandwich ingredients already, so I figured I'd whip one up. I don't know if that was a good or a bad idea, because now I'm hooked! I made another one the next day for lunch, and figured I'd snap a few pics to share with you. 

I used sunflower seed bread from Trader Joes, Life Light Organic Smoky Tempeh Strips,  a few slices of red round tomatoes, mixed greens, and Karam's Tahini Garlic Sauce. I think the garlic tahini sauce is local to Seattle, but you can use a garlic mayo instead.


Making the sandwich is pretty easy. Toast the bread using a normal toaster, and then slathered the sauce (or mayo) on both sides. Grill the tempeh strips in a lightly oiled skillet,  just for a few minutes on each side. Then, pile the ingredient on between your bread, and enjoy! 




1 comment:

  1. omg this seems soo tasty :)
    thank you for sharing!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...