August 08, 2012

Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles

Words can not even express home much I have been yearning to make popsicles. Last week's heat wave was really rough. It got up into the mid 90's, which was record breaking for the Seattle area. Of course, there is no A.C. in my apartment, and I didn't even have any fans until a few days ago. It was so hot that I was convinced the only thing that would cool me down was a popsicle. But I only wanted a homemade one - have I mention that I'm a super picky eater? I had been searching for these at home "ice pop" makers, and finally struck it rich when I spotted them in Walgreens yesterday. I immediately whipped some up the second I got home. 


I bought these organic strawberries from the local food Co-op in which my boyfriend and I belong to. I swear they are the best strawberries I have ever eaten. That being said, I knew I had to use them for the pops. 

When cooking, I like to eye things out rather than measure. Then, I add more of what I think is needed once I've done a taste test. For these ice pops I used about 1 cup of strawberries, 1/2 cup or organic lemonade, and pinch of brown sugar. I blended these ingredients for about 10 seconds in the food processor. 

I poured my juice mixture into the popsicle maker, just up to the line where the stick was placed in. They were frozen in about 2 hours. When I was ready to try them out, I rinsed the bottom of the container with warm water to help remove them from the plastic mold. 

For my first ever popsicle, I think these came out great! They are very yummy, and so refreshing on a hot day. I foresee myself making a bunch more of these, and even experimenting with flavors and textures. I'd love to hear some recipes, or ideas of flavor choices. 


2 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to get popsicle molds, but keep forgetting. Argghh! These popsicles looks so good that I must go out and get some molds STAT! Now, exactly where did I put my shopping list... scatterbrain... lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love strawberries!These popsicles look yummy!I wanna have a try!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...