August 21, 2012

A Quick Update

I have been insanely busy the past two weeks! All of my time has been consumed with working on a bunch of side projects. I just recently finished up some really cute bridesmaid's dresses (I'm hoping to post a few pics soon,) and have been trying to prepare everything to sell at Badwill Market. I also just started working on another lookbook for Karina Grimaldi, and had to take a quick two-day trip for a friend's birthday. I love keeping occupied, but man does it get stressful sometimes. 


I have been so bummed about not being able to post much lately, that I just wanted to take a quick minute out of my frantic schedule and update you on the little trip I just took to Vancouver, Canada. Even though I was extremely stressed about getting all my work done before leaving, I am very happy that I got to take a little breather. I'm not sure if I have ever told you all before, but I am insanely in love with Vancouver. It is the main reason that I moved to the Northwest. I have visited more times than I can count, but haven't made it back there in a while. 


It was my first time staying in a hotel in BC. I had stayed in a hostel once before a couple years back, but this was a much nicer experience. Fermin and I got a big comfy room on the 25th floor of the Empire Landmark Hotel. It had a gorgeous view of the city, water, and mountains, which was a nice surprise. We actually got to have this very charming room because the front desk wasn't able to find our original reservation. I never thought I would be happy for someone to lose our order confirmation!


We did a bunch of sight-seeing in the two days we were there. I had almost forgotten how nice it was to be in a huge city with tons of shops and people, but be able to easily escape back to nature. We showed our friends who came with us all the cool spots that everyone must see while in Vancouver. We did a bunch of shopping, ate a TON of food, and took a stroll through Stanley Park. We did so much in such a small amount of time, that I only snapped a few shots with my crumby iPhone. Speaking of which, I need to get back to work so I can make that money to buy a new camera! Hope you all enjoyed this little update, and I'm sure by next week I'll be back to posting more! (fingers crossed.)





3 comments:

  1. Where's your favorite spots in Vancouver? My friend is moving up there for grad school and I want to have lots of fun things to do when I visit her ALL the time. Lucky you, you scored with that hotel room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I think all of Vancouver in general is amazing. I LOVE going to Stanley Park. I go there just about every time I visit! I also like commercial drive because there is tons of cool shops and yummy restaurants, and Kitsilano is super cute too! I'd love to know if you go ever, and what you find you like best about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!Beautiful photos!Love the blue sky in the first one!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...