July 18, 2012

Honey Lotion & Aspirin Facial Mask

I've always been one to prefer natural, homemade remedies over store bought products. A few years ago I came across a recipe for a rejuvenating facial mask, tried it out, and fell in love with it. I can not remember the site I found it on, but the recipe was fairly simple, and left my face feeling so smooth and refreshed. It even made my skin seem brighter. You can try it out by using the recipe below! 


What you will need:
-3 Aspirin caplets
-Facial lotion
-Honey


Crush your aspirin tablets. You can use a mortar and pestle if you have one, or you can place them on a flat plate, and crush them using a mug or spoon. Mix the crushed aspirin with 1 tablespoon honey, and 1 tablespoon facial moisturizer. Apply the mixture to your facing, moving your fingers in a circular motion. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes, and then rinse off with warm water.



This recipe is also really nice because it uses products that I always have in my house. I want to also mention that I'm really picky about skin care products, especially for my face. I have very oily skin, and this leaves my face feeling moisturized, but not greasy! Leaving the aspirin kind of chunky, instead of grinding it to a powder, also helps with buffing your skin. And I don't know about you, but buffing my skin always makes my face look much brighter. If any of you  have at home facial mask recipes I'd love to know! It would be fun to try some new ones out.


8 comments:

  1. Have u tired making a turmeric mask? Just slapped one together a few days ago and I loooooved the results. There are a few variations of recipes but I just used what I had - turmeric, flour, milk - next time I plan on trying turmeric & coconut oil (that I put in my smoothies for skin benefits and an energy boost lol). I'd love to see anymore ideas u have and let me know if u try the turmeric and how u like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok! That sounds awesome.. and I have all of those ingredients too! I have a bunch of coconut oil also, so maybe I'll try both versions and see what is nicer.Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use powdered milk on my face. Wet the face and rub that all over. It starts out kinda rough and exfoliating and then gets pasty and moisturizing. It's fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Powdered milk sounds interesting. I love that so many kitchen products can be used on the skin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew this recipe!! and to me it's amazing!!! ;) I support you through GFC and BLOGLOVIN! I'm on all these sites too!!! If you want we can follow each other!!! it would be a pleasure!!!
    TheSparklingCinnamon FACEBOOK PAGE
    TheSparklingCinnamon BLOGLOVIN
    THESPARKLINGCINNAMON <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had another idea I wanted to share and would love ur opinion/review of if u get into it - my grandma used to make homemade oatmeal masks. I'm not sure what she mixed it with but she swore by it & grandmas are always right (at least mine always was ��)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brittany, maybe she just made oatmeal and out it on her face? LoL I dunno. Milk would probably be ok with your skin. they also sell oatmeal bath stuff, maybe that can be used too. Like add a pinch of water just to make it into a paste?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...