June 25, 2012

Proud With Pride




Yesterday was Seattle's Pride Parade, and I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to march alongside thousands of enthusiastic, vibrant people! This was my first time going to Seattle's Pride Parade, as well as my first time being in any sort of ceremonious demonstration. My friend Amanda, works at the local food co-op, and needed some people to help represent the market. We were asked to dress in fruit and veggie costumes, so I decided to go all out and create a vintage inspired watermelon dress. I must admit, I am insanely obsessed with how it came out! I also lent my friend Hollie, an eggplant costume I made for Halloween two years ago. We totally rocked out our get-ups, skipping, dancing, and running around during the entire duration of the festivities. We even got our pictures taken for The Seattle Times coverage of the parade! It was such a fun day, but I am still super tired and trying to recover from an overload of excitement!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I so love this dress! It is so totally me! Love it!

    Rebecca

    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress! At first I thought it was a strawberry, but watermelon works too ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...