June 13, 2012

Pretty Plants & Pretty Pretties

So many plants!






Last weekend my friends Hollie, Erin, and I got lost in the wonderment of the Volunteer Park Conservatory. There are tons of beautiful flowers in bloom this time of year in Seattle, but the conservatory has an array of tropical and desert plants that aren't native to the Northwest. I've been wanting to go for a while, and am happy I can finally cross it off of my "Seattle to do list." I think I enjoyed it so much because it reminded me of home. Most of the tropical flowers and bromeliads I saw there are the same ones my dad grows back home in Miami. It was also really nice to hang out in the cactus room they have there, and soak up the warmth... something else that's not native to the northwest!



Jené Outfit Details:
-Sweater: Vintage
-Top: American Eagle
-Shorts: thrifted, reconstructed 
-Shoes: BDG


1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, I MUST go there! Greenhouses and conservatories are always kind of magical to me. That whole outside coming inside thing, and also it's like a miniature world.

    Your shorts and sweater look great, I love that bright red!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...