December 09, 2011

DIY Fri: Neon Rope Bracelet

All I can say is "Thank God it's Friday!" Am I right, or am I right? Not only is the glorious weekend ahead of is, but Friday also means it's time for another installment of DIY Fri. This week I've got a super easy neon rope bracelet for you. I originally wanted to do a different project, but changed my mind last minute. I had the urge to do something that allowed me to use some random supplies I had in my craft closet. This tutorial has actually made me appreciate how much of a pack rat I am. I just knew I was going to use that rope and key chain holder one of these days.




Inspiration:
I pulled inspiration from one for the hottest trends right now; neon. I also was very inspired by this Proenza Schouler rope bracelet


Materials:
-Carabiner for Keys
-Window Tie Back Rope
-Assorted Embroidery Floss
-Fabric/Craft Glue (make sure it is strong/clear/fast drying. I use Fabri-tac.)

Measure your window curtain rope to the length that feels comfortable around your wrist and cut. This type of rope has twisted cords, so they may unravel. Use a little bit of your fabric glue to glue them in place.


Starting at one end of your carabiner key chain, dab a bit of glue and start wrapping your preferred color of embroidery floss around it. Every couple of wraps add a tiny bit more glue to keep in place. Make sure you wrap enough to cover the entire carabiner color. You can also skip this step if you get a colored carabiner that you like.


Glue different colors of embroidery floss following the cracks on the rope. Using a small amount of glue makes it much easier to work with.


Glue the ends of your rope. One should be attached to the carabiner, and the other should be glued in a loop.


 The last step is to wrap the rope bracelet with more embroidery floss, using the same method when you wrapped your carabiner. You can do any colors or designs you like; the possibilities are endless! *Tip- Wrapping the ends where you made the loops makes for a clean, beautiful finish!


Sorry for my crappy modeling photos. I got side tracked with thrifting for a holiday dress, and came home late only to remember that I  had to finish this DIY! Whoops...I just wish I snapped a pic of only the front.


3 comments:

  1. What a great idea. Love the bright colors. I'll have to make some of these for my daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm loving the bright colors too! They're so uplifting during the drab winter months.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...