November 18, 2011

DIY Fri: Sweet & Savory Chocolate Bark


I remember the first time I ever had chocolate bark. Not only was I amazed by the way it looked, but also by it's incredibly yummy taste. From my first bite of that chocolaty goodness I was hooked. Now, it's that time of year when chocolate bark starts popping up everywhere, which makes me so happy and excited. I haven't had candy bark in a couple of years and thought I should make a little to satisfy my craving. I decided to go with a sweet and savory flavor instead of the tradition peppermint or nut barks. 


Ingredients:
10 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
*1/8 cup toasted bread crumbs 
*1/4 teaspoon sea salt 


Method:
Melt the chocolate using a double boiler method. While the chocolate is melting, toast the bread crumbs in the oven until they are lightly toasted. Line a 9 x 12 inch (or, I used a 10 x 7 inch pan) with wax paper making sure that it over laps the side by 2 inches. You can tape the wax paper to the sides of the pan to keep it in place. Spread the melted chocolate evenly into the pan and then sprinkle the bread crumbs and salt on top. Allow to set for a couple hours before eating. I cute mine, but you can hand break them if you want a more organic look.



*I used Ener-G bread crumbs and cooking sea salt and it tastes just as yummy but, if you want a more dramatic look you can use Panko bread crumbs and coarse sea salt.


Original recipe found here: sunnyvegan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...